THEMATIC SESSION 06
Climate change adaptation in the Mediterranean and Macaronesian islands
The outermost regions and island territories are extremely vulnerable to climate change and measures are required to reduce risk and ensure adaptation. This session has two objectives: to provide a framework on climate and climate forecasts for island regions; and to present case studies and solutions for climate change adaptation in the Macaronesian and Mediterranean island regions.
Ana Goulart y Sónia Santos, Regional Department of the Environment. Regional Government of the Azores
- Gonçalo Cavalheiro, CAOS Sustainability
- Renato Verdadeiro Marques, Department of Water Resources Services Regional Department of the Environment of the Azores
- Marisa Tejedor Salguero, University of La Laguna.
- Nuno Serralha, Forestry and Soil Conservation Division Institute of Forest and Nature Conservation of the Autonomous Region of Madeira. IP-RAM
- Jinámar Tomás Ribot, Directorate General for Energy and Climate Change, Ministry of Energy Transition and Productive Sectors. Government of the Balearic Islands