THEMATIC SESSION 03
Climate change and water: challenges and solutions for adaptation
This session will focus on the key factors for climate change adaptation and for optimising the multiple environmental functions and services provided by water. The session will look at the following questions:
- What are the estimated climatic effects on the inputs available in the water grid and on extreme hydrometeorological phenomena in both countries?
- What are the main potential effects of climate change on Iberian biodiversity and on the main aquatic, river and coastal habitats?
- How can we adapt to the changes triggered by climate change in order to limit these effects?
- What roadmaps for collaboration can be defined between countries, authorities and society to contribute to adaptation in the water sector?
Fernando Magdaleno Mas, Directorate-General for Water. Ministry for Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge
- Mirta Dimas Suárez, CEDEX Centre for Hydrographic Studies.
- Rodrigo Proença de Oliveira, Higher Technical Institute – University of Lisbon.
- José Ángel Rodríguez Cabellos, Guadiana Hydrographic Confederation.
- Tiago Carvalho, independent expert in water management and climate change adaptation.
- Ángel Fernández López, Garajonay National Park.