Climate Change Adaptation For an Iberian resilience
General sessions via open streaming online and 10 thematic sessions via Zoom
Simultaneous interpretation available in Spanish and Portuguese. Also available in English for the opening and closing sessions
An open space for networking and online cafeteria for participants
Climate change adaptation for an Iberian resilience
Moderator: Isabel Moreno. Physicist, meteorologist and presenter of the programme “Aquí la Tierra” on TVE
Opening and welcome
Valvanera Ulargui, director of the Spanish Office for Climate Change, Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge.
- João Pedro Matos Fernandes, minister of Environment and Climate Action, Government of Portugal.
- Teresa Ribera Rodríguez, fourth Vice President of the Government of Spain and minister for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, Government of Spain.
Challenges shared by Spain and Portugal
- EEA priorities and initiatives on climate change adaptation. Blaž Kurnik, Head of adaptation group and LULUCF, European Environment Agency.
- Climate change projections for Spain and Portugal. Pedro Matos Soares, Senior researcher at Dom Luiz Institute, Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon.
- A common view of the impacts, vulnerability and risks of climate change. Iñigo Losada, Research director at the Environmental Hydraulics Institute of the University of Cantabria and IPCC author.
Interactive session with audience
Presentation of the thematic sessions